Welcome to the Department of Cardiac and Vascular Diseases. This department will be overseen by Dr. John A. Power, MD, FACC, Cardiologist and Vascular Surgeon, Pittsburgh Cardian and Vascular Associates, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. In addition, seasonal doctors include Dr. A H Quddus, MBBS, FRCS, Specialist Vascular Surgeon, South Manchester University Hospital, Manchester, UK., and Dr. Sultan Siddique, MD, Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Lehigh Valley Area Hospital, Allentown, PA, USA who specializes in heart arrhythmias, ablations and implantations of pacemakers, defibrillators and bi-ventricular devices.
ASHL plans to offer these comprehensive services in the future:
• Cardiology Facilities & Staff
• Chest Pain Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation
• Center for Aortic Disease
• Heart Surgery
• Prevention, Testing, and Treatment of Heart Conditions
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory:
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories in ASHL will perform the following procedures:
• Stent placements, Atherectomies, Balloon pump insertions
Electrophysiology at ASHL
The Electrophysiology department will provide the full range of electrophysiology services including:
• Bi-ventricular automatic implantable defibrillation implantation
• Bi-ventricular pacemaker implantation
• Single and dual chamber AICD and pacer implantation, Electrophysiology studies
• Ventricular mapping, Ablation procedures, Loop recorder implantation
• Tilt table testing, Cardioversion, Consultative services, Device clinic
Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at ASHL:
• Pulmonary rehabilitation, Smoking cessation, Exercise programming
• Weight loss program and Nutrition counseling: a nutritionist will see every heart patient
Consultation on various Vascular problems:
•Management of Intermittent Claudication (pain in legs on walking)
•TIA's and CVA's (Stroke / Mini-stroke)
•Critical leg Ischaemia with Gangreene
•Acute Limb ISchaemia, Diabetic Foot,
•Vasculitis, Raynaud's, Thoracic outlet syndrome,
•Vascular malformations, varicose veins
•Peripheral bypass surgery including femoro-popliteal, femoro-tibial, femoro-femoral, Ilio-femoral graft, femoral reconstruction.
•Aortic surgery like Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repair, Aorto bi-femoral graft.
•Carotid endarteroctomies for stroke.
•Vascular malformation, popliteal aneurysm, femoral aneurysm, pseudo aneurysm repair.
•Surgery for vascular trauma. Brachial and femoral embolectomies.
•Varicose vein surgery including surgery for re-current varicose veins and Endovascular procedures.